Thursday, January 22, 2015

CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD, EASY AS 1, 2, 3

Happy Thursday, Everyone. It is already the 22nd. January is going to be over before we know it. So far we are enjoying a milder winter this year than last. The snow they got in CO yesterday at my husband's sister's house is once again going south of us. We haven't even had 5 inches of snow yet this winter and the weatherman is saying the rest of the month is going to be nice...with highs in the 40s at least. We can take it.

Today I am sharing a new recipe I keep seeing Pins of on Pinterest. Since I had some bananas that I wanted to use in something, I finally decided to look at it yesterday to see what the three ingredients were. 

Well, the Pin didn't lie. It is so moist and of course so easy with just 3 ingredients. I did decide to use what I had in my pantry which was a chocolate cake mix instead of the yellow cake mix. But I feel you can't go wrong with chocolate. I think maybe I am addicted to it.


This morning when I sliced it for my husband to take it to share with the tax office at Fort Leavenworth, I told him I was securing him a computer to be able to work on everyday. ha. He thanked me. Too bad for them (but good for me) I just couldn't get all of the mini loaves on the cake platter. I guess I will just have to indulge myself later today. I did decide to sprinkle a few chopped pecans on top before I baked them so I guess, technically, I have 4 ingredients in my mine. Forgive me.


CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD

1        Devil's Food's cake mix (or any flavor will work)
2       large eggs
3       bananas, mashed (I had 1-1/4 cups mashed bananas)
Chopped nuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray two loaf pans (I used 2 Pyrex loaf pans that measure 7-1/4 x 4-3/4 inches at the top.)


Combine all ingredients together in large mixing bowl on low until well blended, a minute or two. 
Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.


Divide the thick batter between two loaf pans.

Can sprinkle chopped nuts on the top before baking if you like.


Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling.



Wrap in foil to make them extra moist!



No comments:

Post a Comment