Saturday, November 8, 2014

NEVER-ENDING CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE

You could easily call this Never-Ending Chocolate Bundt Cake "Death by Chocolate" if I hadn't used sugar free products. Jim even thought it was not one of my reduced calorie desserts...it tastes that good. 

I made the cake for Bobbi's birthday on Tuesday when I went to Hillcrest Thrift Shop.  She requested anything chocolate when Dana asked her what kind of cake would she like. Dana asked me if I would make something chocolate for her.  After reading this recipe, I decided I couldn't find anything more chocolate. Lia Wilson chose the perfect name for it in her cookbook Quick Fixes from Mixes. I decided to go the route of the sugar free ingredients; Lia didn't. I'm sorry I only got to enjoy one piece. Guess I will just have to make it again.



NEVER-ENDING CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE

1         Sugar-Free Devil's Food Cake mix
1         pkg (4 - serving size) sugar-free dark fudge instant pudding mix
1-1/4  cups buttermilk (1 % okay)
1/2     cup canola oil
1/2     cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
4        eggs
1         cup (60% cacao) dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Grease and flour a 12 - cup capacity Bundt cake pan.


In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, buttermilk, oil, syrup, and eggs. Beat on low speed to blend, scrape the sides of the bowl.

Increase speed to medium speed and beat for 3 minutes.


Gently stir in chips.


Pour batter into cake pan.

Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until cake tester comes out clean.


Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack.


Turn cake out onto cooling rack or platter you plan to serve the cake on.

Prepare the chocolate glaze and then drizzle over the cake.




CHOCOLATE GLAZE

1       cup (60% cacao) dark chocolate chips
2/3    cup fat-free evaporated milk


Combine the chips and milk in a small saucepan.  Cook and stir over low to medium-low heat until blended, stirring frequently.


When the chips have completely melted, continue to cook, stirring constantly until thickened. 










Drizzle over cake.  Glaze will thickened even more as it cools so work quickly to drizzle.



No comments:

Post a Comment