Monday, November 17, 2014

CINNAMON APPLE BREAD

When I went to get my two new crowns, my dentist, Dr. G. decided he didn't like one of them and wanted to have a new one made. While I definitely appreciated his perfectionism, that meant another two weeks with a temporary crown and concern that he might fall out while eating. (One of the first things they ask you when you go in to get the crown is, "Is the temporary still on?" That always bothered me.)

I didn't decide until just before I went to bed Tuesday night that I would make this Cinnamon Apple Bread to share with them the next morning. I didn't have a lot of time since my appointment was at 10 so I decided to make two mini loaves instead of a larger loaf. That way it wouldn't have to cook as long and I would also have one to enjoy myself. As it worked out, the loaf was still fairly warm when I wrapped it up in foil. Dee was impressed.

Dr. G. told me I didn't have to feel like I had to bring them something. Sandy, his assistant, had told me the same thing.  I asked her what would she think if I showed up without anything, and she said she would think, "What's wrong with her?" I told Dr. G. what Sandy had said.  We all had a good laugh. I do enjoy sharing my baked goods with people who are pleased to get them.




CINNAMON APPLE BREAD

1/2       cup brown sugar
1-1/2    teaspoon cinnamon
1/3       sugar/stevia blend
1/2       cup margarine, at room temperature
2          eggs
2          teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2    cups flour
1-1/2    teaspoon baking powder
1/2       cup skim milk
1           cup finely chopped apple (1 large apple peeled and cored)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan.

Cream the sugar/stevia blend and margarine and add eggs and vanilla til smooth.

Add the flour and baking powder and stir.

Add milk.


Fold in the apples and divide the batter between the two mini loaf pans.


Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the two loaves.  (There will be a generous amount.)


Bake for 45 minutes for the mini loaves.

Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf. If done, the toothpick will be clean.

Cool 10 to 15 minutes on wire rack.


Loosen sides with a knife. Remove loaves keep the loaves as upright as possible.

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment