Friday, November 7, 2014

APPLE PUDDING

I saw a recipe for Apple Pudding in the "new" cookbook I got last week at an estate sale. In the back of my memory somewhere (way, way back) I think I once made Apple Pudding. I didn't add it to my recipe file or anywhere else where I have stored recipes....so I might not have.  Anyway it inspired me to give it a try.  

I managed to get it ready for the oven as soon as Mrs. Jones' Lemon Chicken finished cooking. That way it cooked while my husband and I enjoyed our dinner. It finished just about the time we finished eating. I waited about 30 minutes before eating any.  I asked my husband if he wanted any (while I was dishing out mine) and he said "not right now....later". Well, I oohed and aahed while eating mine, and before I knew it, he was going upstairs to get some.  He took one bite and said, "This is really good!"  If you follow my blog, you know he usually isn't very vocal with his approvals. I can always tell when he really, really likes something.

This was so easy to prepare. I love when I don't have to use the mixer. The original recipe called for 1 - 1/2 cups of sugar, but I felt that was entirely too much. After eating some, I definitely think it did not need that much sugar. 


APPLE PUDDING

2           eggs
6           heaping tablespoons flour
2 - 1/2  teaspoons baking powder
1/2        cup sugar/stevia blend (or 1 cup sugar)
1/4        teaspoon salt
1            heaping cup of diced apples
1/2        cup chopped dates (sprinkled with a little flour to coat)
1/2        cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Grease or spray an 8 - inch square baking dish with cooking spray.


Beat eggs with whisk in large mixing bowl.

Add the sugar and beat until creamy.





Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine well.


Fold in apples, dates, and nuts.


Spread into pan.


Bake for 30 minutes.


Remove and cool slightly before serving.


Add a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.









Inspired by Dana Franck's recipe, Apple Pudding, from Be Our Quest! R.S.V.P.....Theta Cooks. It is a compilation of recipes for today' living by Kansas City Alumnae Chapter Kappa Alpha Theta.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Gracias, Claudia. Estero que os guste tanto como a nosotros. Thanks, Claudia. I hope you like it as much as we do.

      Delete