Friday, July 11, 2014

FRESH PEACH CAKE

Just got in from another Fun Friday outing with Friend Janice. We found several good deals at estate sales. Also enjoyed a delicious salad at Cheddar in Overland Park.  Or I should say a half salad since we brought half of it home...it was so big.

I thought I would share with you a new cake I made using fresh peaches. When my husband saw me making it, he asked me if I were making it to take to Hillcrest or for us. I think he was pleased when I told him it was for us. 

I was inspired to create this Fresh Peach Cake from "R" Holman's recipe in Cooking Made Plumb Easy, a collection of favorite recipes by the Employees of Jay R. Smith Manufacturing Company in Montgomery, AL. I wanted to reduce the amount of sugar and oil from his original recipe.  My husband and I were very happy with my results. If you wanted to use canned sliced peaches, I would drain them and also slice the slices even thinner.

Remember, if you want to print the recipe using the print friendly button at the bottom of this post, it will allow you to remove the images.




FRESH PEACH CAKE

3       eggs, well beaten
1/2    cup truvia sugar blend or 1 cup sugar
1/2    cup canola oil
1/2    cup vanilla, nonfat Greek yogurt
2       cups flour
1        teaspoon baking soda
1        teaspoon salt
1        teaspoon ground cinnamon
2       cups ripe peaches, thinly sliced (3 - 4 peaches)
1/2    cups pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Grease and flour a tube pan.


Beat eggs well with whisk.


Add sugar, oil, and yogurt, mixing well with whisk.


Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl with a (different) whisk.


Peel and thinly slice 3 to 4 fresh peaches.


Add dry mixture along with peaches and
stir with a wooden spoon.


Oops, add the nuts. 
Mix well.


Pour batter into pan.


Bake for 50 minutes.  Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in center.  When done, the toothpick will be clean.

Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack.


Turn out onto platter.  


When cool, can sprinkle with a little sifted powdered sugar.


Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment