Tuesday, July 15, 2014

FRIED PEACHES

Fried apples! Do you love them? I do. So why not  -- Fried peaches?  

That what I got to thinking about the other afternoon. I had the fresh peaches just waiting for me to do something with them. All I needed was the ice cream. Well, that was an easy fix. Just a trip to the store.

While I melted the margarine in my iron skillet, I peeled and sliced the peaches. They smelled so good and fresh while doing this. Tossed with a little stevia and cinnamon mixture, I just poured them into the skillet and cooked for about 5 minutes stirring along the way.  AND voila.... I had my fried peaches. Don't even get me started about how good they tasted!




FRIED PEACHES

2     large ripe peaches (enough for two servings)
2     tablespoons margarine
2     tablespoons stevia (or sugar)
1      teaspoon ground cinnamon


Melt margarine over medium low heat in (iron) skillet. 




Combine the stevia and cinnamon.


Peel and slice ripe peaches and toss over sliced peach slices to coat completely.


Pour into skillet.


Cook peaches for about 5 minutes stirring often.


Enjoy with or without ice cream.

Interested in my Country Fried Apples? Here's how to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment