Sunday, July 20, 2014

OATMEAL PUDDING COOKIES

These Oatmeal Pudding Cookies are the cookies I wanted to make last week to take to Hillcrest Thrift Shop, but I didn't have any vanilla instant pudding.  Instead I made Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies using chocolate instant pudding.  They were really, really good.  So I made sure vanilla instant pudding was on my grocery list this week and the rest is history.




OATMEAL PUDDING COOKIES

1-1/4       cups unsifted flour(I used about 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour.)
1              teaspoon baking soda
1              cup margarine, at room temperature
1/4           cup stevia or sugar
3/4           cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1             pkg (4 - serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding mix (I used the sugar-free one.)
2             eggs
3-1/2      cups quick-cooking oats
1            cup raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Mix flour with baking soda and set aside.


Combine margarine, the sugars, and pudding mix in large mixer bowl; beat until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl through mixing.


Beat in eggs.


Gradually add flour mixture.


Stir in oats and raisins. (To make this easier, I added about 1/3 of the oats, then half the raisins, then 1/3 of the oats, repeated until all of both had been added.)


Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (I used my cookie scoop and flattened the cookies with my spatula.) onto ungreased baking sheets (I lined my cookie sheets with parchment paper.), about 2 inches apart.


Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment