Friday, December 28, 2012

JANE'S WONTON SAUSAGE CUPS

I have said before that I don't do appetizers well.  I had to make an appetizer again the other night and I made Janice's BACON WRAPPED TATER TOTS again.  They are easy to do and better still they were a big hit at the party especially with the men.

I now have another good appetizer that I think I could manage. These Sausage Cups were brought by my friend, Jane, to another gathering of friends.  Like my Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots, these were a big hit. I asked her for the recipe and she more than willingly shared it with me.  She did say when she emailed me the recipe that she made her own Ranch Dressing instead of using the "bottle" one.  She buys the dry Ranch Dressing and follows the directions on the envelop. 


 Sausage Cups

1     Pound Sausage
1     package wonton wrappers
1     cup Monterey Jack cheese - shredded
1     cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing

Preheat oven to 350.


Crumble sausage into medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Drain.  

Spray mini muffin tins and insert wonton wrappers to form a small cup.  Bake 3 - 5 minutes in preheated oven. Allow wrappers to cool. 

Mix sausage, cheeses and ranch dressing together.  Fill wonton wrappers. 

Bake for 10 minutes until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment