Monday, January 26, 2015

CHUNKY APPLESAUCE BUNDT CAKE

I play with the Miracle Ringers, the handbell choir at our church, Platte Woods United Methodist. Except for the summer, we play once a month at the 11 o'clock service. Last year I started bringing one of my baked goods on the Sunday we performed. (We always meet earlier to do some serious practice.)

I haven't played with the group for two months because of out-of-town trips and I didn't tell them I would bring something just in case I didn't get something made. So they were surprised and pleased when they saw the Chunky Applesauce Bundt Cake I brought.

When I went to bed Saturday night, I wasn't sure what or even if I would take something. I guess during the night, I made the decision because I woke up yesterday morning knowing what I was going to make. I recently made a Chocolate Banana Bread using just three ingredients ... a Devil's Food cake mix, 3 bananas, and 2 eggs. I decided to try applesauce in place of the bananas, use a yellow cake mix, and increase the eggs to 3. The result was a really delicious cake. We ate it "plain" but it would taste really good with fresh fruit. Since I used a chunky peachy applesauce, I would love to try it with fresh sliced peaches. Sliced strawberries would also taste good. 



CHUNKY APPLESAUCE BUNDT CAKE

1         yellow cake mix (I used one that included a pudding mix)
3        eggs
1-1/4  cup chunky applesauce (I used a chunky peach applesauce)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a Bundt tube pan with non-stick cooking spray with flour or grease and flour the pan.

Combine all three ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir on low to incorporate the ingredients for about 30 seconds. Increase the speed and beat for 2 minutes.

Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 40 minutes.


Remove cake from oven and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.


Invert on serving plate to finish cooling.


I sprinkled the cake with a spoon of powdered sugar. 













You could also make a thin glaze with a little powdered sugar and milk or water and spoon over warm cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment