Thursday, July 25, 2013

BUCKEYE BROWNIES


On Monday the Northland New Neighbors League Farkle group met.  Our hostess Sue outdid herself with the snack offerings.  I LOVED it! 

I loved it because they were all so good, but also because I love being able to share goodies that my friends make.  I will be sharing her recipes with you over the next week.  

The first one I want to share was the dessert she had. Have you ever made the candy known as Ohio Buckeyes? It is so good. Well, that is what this dessert taste like. Sue said she got the recipe on Pinterest.

It was so-o-o-o-o good. I only ate one piece, but I could have eaten another one. 

When I make these, I will use a sugar free brownie mix. Then I won't feel quite so bad because of the calories.  If you have never tried it, it makes a really good boxed brownie!



Buckeye Brownies

19 1/2 oz. pkg. brownie mix
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. plus 6 T. butter, softened and divided
8 oz. jar creamy peanut butter
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Prepare and bake brownie mix in greased 9" x 13" baking pan according to pkg. directions. Let cool.

Mix powdered sugar, 1/2 c. butter, and peanut butter in a bowl.

Mix well (I used electric mixer) and spread over cooled brownies. 

Chill for 1 hour. 

Melt together chocolate chips and remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. 

Spread over brownies.

Let cool; cut into squares. 

Makes 2-3 dozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment