Thursday, July 18, 2013

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT

I made this dessert for a gathering of our NNL Dinner Club. I usually volunteer to bring dessert not having any idea what dessert I am going to make. This time was no exception.

My friend Janice suggested this dessert that she called Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert. She had made it for one of her family gatherings and everyone LOVED it. She has never steered me wrong ... so I decided this is what I would make.

She warned me that she had trouble finding the chocolate graham crackers and told me where she had finally found them. I thought I would check out some grocery stores that were closer to me and I too had a hard time finding them. When I finally did, I bought two boxes so I would be able to make it again.

Anyway, I made it the day before the Dinner Club met so that it would have plenty of time to "set". I was nervous dishing it out, but it came out all in one piece like it was supposed to. (I know the bottom layer isn't showing in my picture, but it was there.)



CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT

1        box chocolate graham crackers
2        small boxes (1 oz each) vanilla instant sugar-free pudding (or 3-1/4 oz each vanilla instant pudding mix)
1        cup peanut butter
3-1/2 cup skim milk
1        8-oz whipped topping, thawed
1        can chocolate frosting

Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 - inch dish.

Using your electric mixer, mix the pudding mixes with the milk and peanut butter on slow. Once combined, beat 2 minutes or til it thickens.



Fold in the whipped topping til completely combined.

Line the bottom of the pan with whole graham crackers ( 1 pkg.)




Pour half of the pudding mixture over the graham cracker layer.






Place another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture (2nd pkg).





I accidentally laid one cracker with the top side down, but it doesn't matter.





Pour the remainder of the pudding mixture over this second layer of crackers.






Top with one more layer of graham crackers (last pkg).







Remove the lid and foil cover from the can of frosting. Place in microwave for 1 minute. Then pour the frosting over the third layer of crackers


spreading to completely cover.








Chill 12 hours or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment