Thursday, February 2, 2023

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

 I have been in heaven the last few days after making some cookies from a recipe from Wayne's Aunt Myra Elizabeth. I have had the recipe for a long time but I'm not sure if I ever made them before. Maybe when we first got married. That's how long I have had the recipe. I remember she sent me several recipe that we had copied from her recipe cards and then stapled them to an index card. Her original card had a label at the bottom the said "Favorite recipe of". On this one she had written Bruce and Matthew, her sons.

I have seen other recipes for cake mix cookies but I'm not sure if they used a whole cup of peanut butter. Anyway, I decided to make them Sunday afternoon but use a sugar-free yellow cake mix and no-sugar-added peanut butter so we could eat them and not feel guilty. I also got the idea to make them an assortment of peanut butter cookies by removing an amount and adding something else to them. I ended up making two dozen plain peanut butter cookies, one dozen peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, one dozen peanut butter sea salt and caramel cookies, and one dozen peanut butter mini chocolate chip cookies. I forgot I was going to make some using peanut butter chips when I decided to use the mini chocolate chips. It was fun doing so and I have really enjoyed the variety in my cookie jar.

PRINT the recipe.



PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1     pkg yellow cake mix (I used a sugar-free yellow cake mix)

1     cup peanut butter (I used a no-sugar-added peanut butter)

1/2  cup cooking oil

2     tablespoons water

2     eggs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (The recipe calls for an ungreased cookie sheet but Myra Elizabeth used Pam.)


Combine all of the ingredients and

mix well. Batter will be thick.


Drop from a teaspoon onto the cookie sheet. (I used my tablespoon cookie scoop.)


Press crisscross on each with a fork dipped in water.


Bake for 10 - 12 minutes (sometimes 15) til golden.


Cool on cookie sheet 1 minutes before removing. Cool on a wire rack.


I added different chips to small batches of dough to

make a variety of cookies. (chocolate chips, sea salt and caramel chips, mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment