Monday, February 27, 2023

LEMON BLOSSOMS

 I hope you are enjoying my posts on the Treats of the Cafe at my church as I am sharing the recipes with you. I am finally getting around to sharing this easy recipe for Lemon Blossoms that I made back at the beginning of February. TheSOMy were beyond delicious and that just isn't my opinion. 

The glaze recipe makes so much that I used it as a glaze for some later cookies. They are so lemony and I love lemony. 

The recipe has to be a winner since I found it in a cookbook called Recipes from Karen's Katering. I can't imagine a katering company serving something that wasn't totally awesome. AND that's what these mini muffins are.

Did I tell you they were easy? Just checking...

PRINT recipe.



LEMON BLOSSOMS

1     pkg. lemon cake mix

1     (3-1/2 oz) pkg. instant lemon pudding

4     large eggs

3/4  cup oil


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.


Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil, and eggs and

mix until smooth. I did use my electric mixer. 


Pour (or scoop) 1 tablespoon batter into each cup.


Bake about 12 minutes.

GLAZE:

4     cup powdered sugar

1/3  cup fresh lemon juice (I did use the bottled lemon juice.)

grated zest of 1 lemon (I used 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel)

3     tablespoons oil

3     tablespoons water


To make the glaze, sift the sugar into a mixing bowl.

Add the juice, zest, and oil and water.

Mix until smooth.

*Dip the muffins into the glaze and place on a wire rack (place wax paper underneath the rack to catch drips).

*The center of all of my muffins sank to some degree so I just spooned a bit of the glaze to fill up the hole.










Worked great and tasted great too.

Let set up before storing in an airtight container. 

The cookies in display on the top rack are my Zero Sugar Cherry Cookies I made. They were a big hit also. RECIPE here.


No comments:

Post a Comment