Monday, February 13, 2023

PATRICIA'S BUTTER CAKE COOKIES (ZERO SUGAR)

 I'm a little behind with some of my recipes, but will try to get more posts out this week to get caught up. 

I have taken on another responsibility at church so that will give me some more opportunities to share fantastic recipes with you. I mentioned this in an earlier post for the Zero-Sugar Cherry Cookies. We are trying to get the "Cafe" up and running in the Welcoming Center offering coffee, tea, and treats. So that one person isn't responsible for all of the treats (I did that three or four times and for some it could be overwhelming), I am trying to get an organized list of three different people who will be responsible for one batch (at least three dozen) of cookies or bars. I will try to get the recipes for the ones I don't make to share with you. What fun!

I made these not for the Cafe but for us. I used the leftover glaze from another recipe that I made and did take, but with my crazy life, I haven't shared that recipe with you, yet. Will try to write it up for tomorrow. They were awesome.

Like all of the recipes I make sugar-free, they can easily be made not so. I take sugar-recipes, and substitute sugar-free products to make them sugar-free recipes. You can do the same thing.

PRINT recipe.



PATRICIA'S  BUTTER CAKE COOKIES

1      box (16 - oz) Zero-Sugar yellow cake mix

2      whole eggs

1      stick (1/2 cup) butter

Your favorite glaze (you can buy a zero-sugar powdered sugar) or just dust with powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.



Empty the cake mix into a large mixing bowl.


Beat the eggs with a whisk.

Empty the cake mix into a large mixing bowl and then add the beaten eggs and the melted butter to the bowl.

 Beat with an electric beat until dough forms. (I do this with the electric beater because the dough will be thick and it is easier to blend.)

Use a cookie scoop that scoops a level tablespoon of dough.

Place scoops 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. I just got me some . Bake 10 to 12 minutes. I did the latter.

Cool 4 minutes on the sheet before removing.

Finish cooling on a wire rack. You can glaze them or not or

dust lightly with zero sugar powdered sugar.

This is the ones I glazed with the leftover glaze from another recipe. It was not zero-sugar, but so good. RECIPE here.
Store cookies in an air-tight container. If they last more than 2 days, store in the refrigerator. 




The recipe makes about 32 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment