Tuesday, February 21, 2023

CRACKERJACK COOKIES

 If you tried and liked the Crackerjack Cookies that Friend Cindy brought Sunday for the PWUMC's Cafe, you will want to keep this recipe. I had never heard of them when Cindy told me she would make some Crackerjack Cookies. They sounded delicious as just hearing the name crackerjack brings up fond memories. One lady chose one and said that she didn't realize people still made those cookies. 

Besides getting to enjoy new recipes, I am having so much fun being able to share them with you.

I haven't personally gotten around to making any yet, but I can attest to their delicious taste. Cindy did not add any nuts since the Cafe is a Nut-Free Zone. They reminded me of a lace cookie I have made. It would be interesting to try making them on parchment paper instead of a greased cookie sheet and see if they spread quite as much. Let me know if you try that and how they turned out in the comment section below.

I apologize for only the one picture. I didn't think to take pictures before I put them out to serve. Will make sure I do better next time.

PRINT recipe.



CRACKERJACK COOKIES

2     sticks margarine

1     cup white sugar

1     cup brown sugar, lightly packed

2     eggs

2     teaspoons vanilla

1-1/2  cups flour

1        teaspoon baking soda

1        teaspoon baking powder

2        cups oats

2        cups rice krispies

1        cup coconut

Nuts if desired

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray cookie sheets.

Cream together til light and fluffy, the margarine and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and add to mixture. Add the oats, cereal, coconut, and nuts, if desired.

Drop dough at least 2" apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or till lightly browned. Cool on sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment