Monday, January 30, 2023

GRANDMA'S CHICKEN CASSEROLE

 I've always been into easy and quick recipes. Maybe that is because I was teaching school and that is a job that doesn't stop when you walk out of the classroom. Also as a mother of two athletic boys who were always playing a sport, I didn't have time for elaborate dishes that took a lot of ingredients and time to make.

Now that I am retired I have the time, most of the time, but I still like quick and easy. I'm fortunate that Wayne will eat the same meal until we eat it all - as long as he likes it. That is especially helpful on the days that I have a full agenda.

This recipe called Grandma's Chicken Casserole is not one of my grandma's - just the name of it from Betty Crocker. It fits all of my requirements for quick and easy plus I could make less by cutting the recipe in half. It still lasted us several days, but that was okay because I really enjoyed it. If you have a larger family or having friends over, just double the recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 - inch glass baking dish.

The can of soup is the only fixed ingredient. The rest of the ingredients can be adjusted to fit your baking dish.

PRINT the recipe.



GRANDMA'S CHICKEN CASSEROLE

1-1/2   cups chopped cooked chicken

1         can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup

1         cup shredded cheese ( 4 oz)

1-1/2   cup crispy bread crumbs

3         tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Place prepared chicken evenly in bottom of ungreased glass baking dish. My dish is about 7 x 11 - inches. (I had cooked two chicken breasts and used enough chicken to cover the bottom.)


Spoon and spread the soup evenly over the chicken.


Sprinkle with cheese. 


Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the cheese.

Drizzle the melted butter over top.


Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are golden brown and thoroughly heated.


Serve warm.

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can’t wait to try this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I hope you like it as much as we do. Patricia

      Delete