Thursday, January 12, 2023

CHICKEN TETRAZZINI

 I'm attempting to try recipes that I recently added to my binder in addition to ones I find in cookbooks I buy at estate sales. I also haven't made a casserole in a few weeks so when I got to thinking what I could cook for us to eat this week, I thought this recipe for Turkey Tetrazzini would be good except I would make Chicken Tetrazzini instead since I didn't have any turkey. Sounds like a good plan, wouldn't you say?

Since there is just the two of us and the recipe makes enough to serve at least six, I took some to Friend Fran to enjoy. She was getting bored with her meals and asked for some recommendations. I sent her some but then decided if I took her some of the casserole we wouldn't have to eat it for so many meals this week. She said it just hit the spot.

PRINT recipe



CHICKEN TETRAZZINI

1/2     pound (8 ounces) uncooked spaghetti

1/4     cup finely chopped onion

1        garlic clove, minced

1        tablespoon butter

3        tablespoons cornstarch 

1        can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth (I made my own using two chicken bouillon cubes with 14 ounces hot water)

1        can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk

3        cups cubed cooked chicken breast

1        can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained

1/2     teaspoon seasoned salt

Dash pepper

2        tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1/4     teaspoon paprika

Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 - inch deep casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.


In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in the butter until tender.


Combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth.

Stir into the onion mixture.

Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or

until thickened. Reduce heat to low.

Add the milk;

cook and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.


Stir in the spaghetti, chicken, mushrooms, seasoned salt and pepper.

 


Transfer to the baking dish and

cover with lid.

Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover;

sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.

Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until heated through.

Serve warm        


No comments:

Post a Comment