Tuesday, April 19, 2022

CRANBERRY ORANGE COOKIES

 I haven't been too busy in the kitchen lately. I've been too busy in my sewing room and we've been eating out more. That all needs to change to some degree. I still like to eat out and I will have some sewing always to do. But somewhere in my day, I have to start an exercise program to get better in shape and lose some inches I have added this winter.

For my first-in-awhile-in-the-kitchen-event I thought I would try making some cookies. So often when I think of making something sweet, I make cookies. Cookies give me just that little bit of sweet to satisfy me. 

This cookie recipe only makes 2 dozen cookies and is made fast and easy by using a package of Krusteaz Cranberry - Orange  Muffin Mix as the base of the recipe. Since the rest of the ingredients were all things I had, I was finished in less than an hour.  Kitchen even cleaned up.



CRANBERRY - ORANGE COOKIES

1     pkg. Krusteaz Cranberry - Orange Muffin Mix

3/4  cup old fashioned oats

1/3  cup + 2 tablespoons oil

1     large egg

1/4  cup brown sugar

2     tablespoons milk

1/2  cup white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.


In a large bowl, combine the dry muffin mix with the oats and brown sugar with a whisk.

Then add the oil, egg, and milk. Stir with a spoon or spatula.











Drain the canned cranberries that come in the package.



Add the cranberries and white chips.


Using a tablespoon cookie scoop,

place the dough about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for about 12 minutes, rotating the pan half way through to assure that the cookies are evenly baked. Cool completely on the cookie sheets on wire racks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment