Monday, September 13, 2021

SUGAR-FREE POWDERED SUGAR

 I have known about this for quite a few years. I read about it, I think, in a magazine, but just got around to trying it. In the article they were using Splenda which at that time was the only new artificial sweetener there was. Today I only use Splenda when I have no other choice. When stevia products came out, I switched to them. Now I am trying the sugar alcohol erythritol and are happy using it. It even has the consistency of sugar. I found it originally at Sam's Club and then decided to check it out online and so now I order it online which is good because the last time I went to Sam's Club I couldn't find it.

I am using the erythritol in place of sugar in recipe for us to reduce my intake of sugar. If you have read any of my latest posts, you can see some recipes I have made. For whatever reason Saturday I remembered the article about turning Splenda into powdered sugar and thought I would give it a try but using the erythritol. 

I couldn't believe it actually worked. Now I just have to find that recipe I saw the other day that called for 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.



Just measure an amount of the artificial sweetener such as Splenda, stevia, or erythritol and pour into the container on your blender. I measured 1/2 cup.
I chose the "whip" option and started it up. Make sure you place the top on the container. You will create quite a "cloud" of powder. I turned the blender on and let it run for a while (I forgot to look at the clock. It could have been just a minute.) Let the powder settle before removing the lid and checking your results. I did it twice before I had the powder consistency.
When I was happy with my results, I remeasured and had a heaping 1/2 cup plus a little more. I am storing it in a airtight container until I find that recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment