Thursday, September 2, 2021

SF DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA PUMPKIN MUFFINS

 I really needed some chocolate yesterday. You know sometimes you just have days like that. I thought about making some cookies, but didn't have a particular recipe in mind. We took the kittens to see the vet for the first time and they were a little lethargic after getting their first round of shots. Parker was sleeping beside me on the glider so I didn't want to move and disturb him. Finally after watching a Hallmark Christmas movie that I had recorded, I decided I had to get up if I were going to make anything.

Sunday Friend Sandi told me about some easy, super moist muffins that she had made with her granddaughter Camila. Her recipe used a spice cake but I didn't have one. Besides I was craving chocolate. So I improvised and ended up with a Double Chocolate Banana Pumpkin Muffin that was sugar-free or almost sugar-free since I had added the dark chocolate chips. If you want to make it totally sugar-free, just use SF chocolate chips. FYI you have to eat a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips to take in 6 g of sugar. I didn't have that much in each muffin. So just leave them out if you don't have the SF chocolate chips and want the muffin to be sugar-free.

I took several over to Friend Fran and before I got home she had sent me a text telling me how delicious and moist they were.



SF DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA PUMPKIN MUFFINS

3     very ripe bananas, mashed

1     can of pumpkin

1     cup dark chocolate chips, optional

1     SF Devil's Food Cake mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a regular size cup muffin pan. Set aside.


Combine the bananas and can of pumpkin until well blended.

Add the chocolate chips if you are using them.

Add dry cake mix. Stir well with a long handled wooden spoon. (oops forgot to take a picture)


Scoop a little more than 1/4 cup into each cup. (I have an ice cream scoop that holds about 1/4 cup that works perfectly.)


Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

Cool briefly and then lift out and cool on wire rack.

I made 23 muffins so I added a little water in the empty cup so the muffins would cook evenly.









Last evening our grandchildren Madison and Tyler came over to play with the kittens. It was the first chance they had had to see the kitchens. Here are a few pictures of the evening... Madison is holding Charlie in the first picture, Tyler has Parker in the second one, the rest of with Parker and Tyler took the first and last pictures.
















No comments:

Post a Comment