Friday, June 4, 2021

CHOCOLATE CHESS TARTS

 It is taking me a while to get back busy in the kitchen after taking our road trip to visit extended family so bear with me. I did have the canasta group over on Tuesday afternoon for a fun afternoon of canasta. It was a fun afternoon since I was on the winning team - even winning the one hand of the revenge round, but it was also a fun afternoon because we have just started playing together again after more than a year of not being able to get together due to the pandemic. 

It is the hostess' choice as to whether dessert is served, but I always choose to serve dessert. Since chocolate chess pie is one of my favorites, when I found this recipe for Chocolate Chess Tarts, I knew I had to make it. Chocolate Chess Tarts are my favorite dessert at Golden Corral. Our Golden Corral that is just a few miles from us closed at the beginning of the pandemic and so far hasn't opened back up. I hope it does.

The recipe called for 12 unbaked 3 - inch tart shells and I could only find the graham cracker crust ones. I really wanted to make the tarts so I bought them. Everyone said they loved the graham cracker crusts and since I had eaten tarts both ways, I agree with them. I stored them in the refrigerator since I made them the afternoon before and didn't leave them out long enough to get at room temperature before I served them. Later that night I ate another one and it tasted so much better, more chocolate rich. I had not returned the other six tarts to the refrigerator after serving them to the ladies.

I can't believe I almost forgot to tell you easy these were to make.



CHOCOLATE CHESS TARTS

1       (5 - ounce) can evaporated milk

2       (1 - ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate

1/4    cup butter (1/2 stick)

2       large eggs

1-1/4 cups sugar

1       teaspoon vanilla extract

12     unbaked (3 - inch) tart shells or graham cracker tart crusts


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tart shells on a large cookie sheet and set aside.



Combine milk, chocolate, and butter in a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate and butter melt.
I stirred constantly with a whisk once the butter had melted to help the chocolate melt. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.

Combine the eggs and sugar in a large bowl with a whisk.


Add chocolate mixture and vanilla, stirring until blended.

Pour into tart shells.

Bake for 30 minutes or until set.

Cool on a wire rack.


Can add a little whipped topping in the center to serve if you like.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure! best organic rice Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us

    ReplyDelete