Monday, June 28, 2021

BLUEBERRY COCONUT MUFFINS

 I may not be baking much the last few weeks, but the quality of what I have been making has certainly been making up for it. So far this year I have been making Saturday morning breakfast special with something fresh from the oven. I have no idea why I thought to do this, but I think Wayne and I are both happy I did. Friday night  before we went to bed, I picked up Volume Two of my The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook. I opened it about in the middle where I had the pages bookmarked with my expired driver's license. 

There were three recipes on the left-side page - - Peach-Oatmeal Bread, Pecan Corn Bread, and Blueberry Coconut Muffins. On the right-side page were recipes for Bread Pudding with Blueberry Sauce, Lemon Poppy Seed Bread, and Fillet of Sole Webster. I had to check out several of the recipes because they sounded so good. BUT the Blueberry Coconut Muffins had me at Blueberries and Coconut.

AND WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL!!!!




BLUEBERRY COCONUT MUFFINS

1-3/4     cups flour

1/2        teaspoon salt

3           teaspoons baking powder

2/3        cup sugar

     *     *     *

1           egg

2/3        cup milk

1/4        cup oil

1           teaspoon vanilla extract

     *     *     *

1           cup blueberries (I used frozen wild blueberries)

1/2        cup flaked coconut (I used unsweetened flaked coconut)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12-cups muffin tin. Set aside.


In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar with a whisk. Set aside.


In a separate bowl, beat the egg.

Then whisk in the milk, oil, and vanilla.

Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.

Stir just until the flour mixture is moistened.

Carefully stir in the blueberries and coconut.

(Because I used frozen berries, they did "bleed" into the batter, but that didn't bother me.)


Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Enjoy warm

with a little butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment