Tuesday, June 22, 2021

BANANA LEMON BREAD

 I have made a lot of different Banana Bread recipes, but I think this is my first Banana Lemon Bread. I had four bananas that weren't super ripe, but ripe enough to make some bread. I used bottled lemon juice and dried lemon peel. The recipe was supposed to make two loaves or one Bundt pan cake. No size was given for the two loaves, but I decided to make three loaves using my pyrex loaf pans that are 6 x 4 - inches . That worked out well. I made one loaf for us to eat now, one loaf I froze, and one loaf I took to my neighbor Sara for her birthday.

The recipe came from the Victoria Place Bed & Breakfast in Lawai, Kauai, Hawaii.



BANANA LEMON BREAD

1/2     cup butter (1 stick)

1        cup sugar

2        eggs, beaten

2        cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large ones)

6        tablespoons lemon juice

2        cups flour

1        tablespoon baking soda

3        tablespoons grated lemon peel


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease 2 loaf pans, 1 Bundt pan, or 3 larger size mini loaf pans (6 x 4 - inches) .


In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.

Blend in the eggs, bananas, and juice.


Stir in the dry ingredients that you have mixed together with a whisk.


Pour the batter into the pans and

bake for 1 hour unless you are making the 3 loaves. I baked mine 45 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks for a few minutes and

then remove to finish cooling.

I decided to make a small amount of powdered sugar glaze and spooned over the top of the warm loaves. (a little powdered sugar with lemon juice)

1 comment: