Monday, June 1, 2020

DAY 80 and TINY TIMMIES

Over my lifetime, I have made so many cookies! Lately I have tried to make cookies that are nothing like what I have made in the past. AND I have been so lucky finding recipes. I have made Pineapple Cookies that my mailman said were "Great!" and a surprise cookie called Confetti Oatmeal Drops that would keep your family guessing what was in them. 

These Tiny Timmies I found in a children's cookbook (picture below). I recently found the book in my sewing room when I was doing some sorting and reorganizing. I bought it last year to give to one of my granddaughters and never had. It is a fantastic book for young cooks as it goes into details about making the cookies. (I rewrote the directions for the most part.) The book contains a different cookie recipe for each month of the year. The Tiny Timmies was a recipe for June. The Cookie Book by Eva Moore and Illustrated by Talivaldis Stubis was copyrighted 1973.

They are definitely a favorite cookie recipe for us. I would have to omit the nuts if I made them for my MO gkids (family) because Tyler has an allergy to tree nuts and his mother doesn't like nuts "in" things.

Friday Friends Fran and Janice and I decided to social distance on Janice's porch. It was so good to visit. We plan to do it again soon. Saturday Fran and I went to the church and pinned three blankets together for me to machine quilt for Blankets of Hope. With just the two of us in the room, we were able to keep our distance and we both had our face masks on. I am trying to get together with Madison and Tyler. Madison sent me a message on Kid Messenger telling me she missed me. Broke my heart to read it. I had already decided I wanted to get with them...I've been good long enough...I can't stand this social distancing any longer with them. And it's hard to watch tv with nothing in the news but the protests and the riots. My heart breaks for anyone who has to live in fear. When will we be able to live and love our neighbors as ourselves? I am so sad!



TINY TIMMIES

1     small can (8-3/4 or 9 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained (3/4 cup drained pineapple) + 3 tablespoons juice
1/2  cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1     cup light brown sugar, packed
1     egg
2     cups flour
2     teaspoons baking powder
1/2  teaspoon salt
1     6 ounce package (1 cup) butterscotch bits
1/2  cup chopped walnuts
Maraschino cherries cut in half for decoration

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. (I did the latter.)


Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl
til smooth.

Add egg and pour the pineapple juice over the egg.
Beat everything together with a mixing spoon until no large lumps are present.


Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
Add the mixture to the bowl with the wet batter.
Slowly stir in the flour until all mixed into the batter.


Dump in the crushed pineapple, the butterscotch bits, and the walnuts.
Stir into the batter. (Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.)


Using an "eating" teaspoon, measure the batter rounded by rubbing the sides of the spoon against the side of the bowl. With your finger push the batter off onto the cookie sheet. (I can't take a picture and scoot with my finger the batter out of a spoon held by the other hand. 😉) The cookies will spread some as they cook, so make sure they are placed 2 inches apart.
Press half of a cherry in center of cookie.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove cookies from sheet and cool on wire rack. Cookies will be soft. Store in a cookie jar in a single layer with wax paper between layers.




Here is a picture of the book...















CORONVIRUS PANDEMIC NUMBERS, 6/1/2020

UNITED STATES

CONFIRMED CASES     1,839,054
RECOVERED CASES       599,875
DEATHS                             106,239

GLOBAL

CONFIRMED CASES     6,295,576
RECOVERED CASES    2,864,687
DEATHS                             374,437

Day 88...

No comments:

Post a Comment