Monday, December 23, 2019

MILLION DOLLAR CHEESE BALL

Christmas Day is almost here or if you are like us, Christmas is more than just one day. We celebrated Christmas with our MO son and his family last night (thus I didn't get this post written earlier). We will go to church with them on Christmas Eve, but last night we had dinner, gifts, and a win with the Kansas City Chiefs' football team. It was a perfect evening. Granddaughter Madison said it seemed like Christmas to her. Don't forget to read all the way to the end to see a picture of us with Madison and Tyler.

The recipe I am sharing with you this morning is one Friend Carol made for the Mexican Train group back in November. She said she made it by the recipe except for the onion because she knows I don't eat onion especially raw, but she didn't know why it turned out like it did. The recipe is actually called Million Dollar Dip. Hers was dry and didn't hold together very well. I decided I would make it myself before I shared it.

Well, mine turned out into a cheese ball. I also made it by the recipe except for the onion, but as I was mixing it together, it started forming into a ball so I decided to just serve it that way and changed the name of it to a "cheese ball" instead of a dip. Measuring grated cheese is tricky so that might have made the difference. I didn't ask Carol if she used full fat cream cheese as I didn't (I used 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cheese) but I don't think that should make a difference, but it might.

Let me know what your attempt turned out to be - a dip or a cheese ball. I would love to hear from you.


MILLION DOLLAR CHEESE BALL

1     8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature. (I used 1/3 less fat)
3/4  cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1     cup freshly grated sharp Cheddar (I grated 4 ounces of cheese)
1     cup freshly grated Swiss (I grated 4 ounces of cheese)
1/4  cup blue cheese crumbles or feta cheese crumbles
8     slices regular-cut bacon, fried crisp, and chopped fine
4     green onions, sliced, green and white parts
1/2  teaspoon salt
1/4  teaspoon black pepper
1/4  teaspoon garlic powder
1/2  cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans (optional)

Add the cream cheese and mayo or salad dressing to a large bowl and stir
until smooth.
Add the cheeses and stir again until well combined.
Add the bacon,
onions, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Stir together with a rubber spatula until evenly combined.


Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
If you are covering with nuts, form into a ball and
press nuts
into sides.
Serve with chips or crackers.














Here is the picture I promised from last night.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this article ! I am inviting to you food / recipe information aggregateor website i wish https://www.josocho.com will useful for you.

    ReplyDelete