Thursday, September 20, 2018

BROOKIES

Since I didn't have a new post to share with you, I thought I would look for an "old" one before I had my Facebook Fan Page and share it with you. I do this often when I want something to share with you. I admit I have passed this post several times and saw it as a draft and just never checked it out. Well, imagine my surprise when I did so and saw this perfectly completed post from 2013. I have no idea why I never published it but am certainly doing so now.

Recently Friends Janice, Fran, and I prepared a dinner to take to our friend Rita's house as she was recovering from a procedure . Janice offered to make Brookies for dessert. She was going to use peanut butter cookie squares, but I reminded her that Rita has a nut allergy. (Her grandchildren love the ones she makes using the peanut butter cookie squares, but you can use any flavor.) For the ones we took to Rita's, Janice used chocolate chip cookie squares.





BROOKIES

To make larger Brookies, use a 3-1/2 x 2-1/2 inch muffin cup pan. Spray heavily with cooking spray.

**Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix (13 x 9  Family size) 

Mix according to package directions with 3 eggs. 

**24 - pk Nestle's Toll House Cookie Squares

Fill muffin cup and then place a cookie square in the center.

Bake at 325 degrees approximately 28 minutes. 






















Cool completely to frost, if you like.























and spread icing on top.  (can of Pillsbury or Duncan Hines chocolate frosting.)




Our friend Carol made them recently for our farkle group and she didn't ice hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment