Wednesday, September 5, 2018

CRAN-APPLE CHICKEN (SLOW COOKER)

With travelogue posts on our trip back in July and then all of the cookie recipes, I haven't shared a main dish with you in a while. I actually made this back in August right after we got back home, but just couldn't find the time to publish it. Since the two chicken breasts were so large, my husband and I were able to enjoy the Cran-Apple Chicken for several meals.



CRAN-APPLE CHICKEN (SLOW COOKER)

2-6     boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1        cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1        green apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
1        tablespoon brown sugar*
1        cup unsweetened apple juice or cider*

* I used 1 envelop of a spiced apple cider drink and used 8 ounces hot water


Place chicken in slow cooker. (Do not have to thaw if chicken is frozen.)


Sprinkle with cranberries and apple slices



After I placed the apple slices, I moved some of the cranberries on top to look nicer.
If using brown sugar and apple juice, mix and then pour over chicken and fruit. *I just mixed up the spiced apple cider drink with hot water and poured it over the chicken and fruit.


Cover, and cook on LOW for 6 - 8 hours. (6 hours is plenty for 2 chicken breast halves even the big ones I used.)



No comments:

Post a Comment