Friday, April 20, 2018

SUPER EASY ITALIAN CHICKEN

This week I decided to cook some chicken in the slow cooker. I have a few chicken breasts left from the 40 lbs we bought last year and froze. I have ordered another 40 lbs from Zaycon Fresh and will be picking them up the middle of June. They are so good and fresh and huge! Whenever a recipe calls for four chicken breasts, I always just use two of them. One of the ones I used for this recipe almost covered the whole bottom of my larger slow cooker. I also leave them frozen when I cook them in the slow cooker.

The good thing about this recipe, if you have chicken leftover, you can just cut it in chunks and use it in a casserole or other recipe. The dry dressing mix gives it a nice flavor, too.




SUPER EASY ITALIAN CHICKEN

2 - 4    boneless, skinless chicken breast
1         pkg. dry Zesty Italian dressing mix
1         cup warm water or chicken stock (I dissolved 1 chicken bullion cube in 1 cup boiling water.)

Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (for easy cleanup).

Place chicken (frozen is okay) in slow cooker.

Sprinkle with dry dressing mix.

Pour liquid around chicken.

Cover and cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or until juices run clear.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if this would be good with dry ranch dressing mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why not, Lee. I saw it next to the Italian dressing when I bought it and thought about it. Let me know how it turns out if you decide to try it.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete