Thursday, February 15, 2018

MY REMODELED BATHROOM

I have been wanting to remodel my "hall" bathroom forever, it seems. The bathroom isn't very big and I just always felt so cramped in it. I found an antique washstand at an estate sale probably close to a year ago that I wanted to use for the vanity. It was smaller than the vanity in the bathroom and so much prettier. I had planned to buy a new toilet, but decided the one I had was too nice (even though I could have gotten a smaller one that would have given me even more room). 

Well, I finally got it done before Christmas (that was the main reason I ended up not decorating for Christmas - if you follow my blog and read about this fact earlier) and I am so happy with the results.

Here is a picture of it before....




Everything out and ready for new tile on the floor...




We also had the entryway at the front door retiled with the same tile. Love it too. Wish I had a before picture of it.



Now for the finished bathroom....AFTER...



Friend Janice and I found the mirror in an antique mall. It goes perfectly with the washstand.



Trying to decide on a towel to hang on the rack...



The other wall...




The wall cabinet above the toilet was made by my maternal grandfather. (He was the village blacksmith in the town I grew up in.) In the picture below you can see how he stained it. I didn't want to mix the two different wood stains, so decided to paint it the Betsy's Linen I used on the wainscoting.

Here are pictures of that ordeal...



I set it on pint jars to raise it up to paint...



The three drawers, each unique for the slots... so unique that after they dried, one would not fit in the slot with the several layers of paint. I ended up having to sand the sides and edges to remove as much paint as I could so that the drawer would slide into the slot. (That's why I referred to it as an "ordeal".)



I shared the "after" picture on Facebook on a post from a group I am in called HGTV Fixer Upper Show Followers and someone asked me to show pictures of the inside.



I loved the results of the top drawer that Marcus, my contractor, did so that I still have use of most of the drawer. (I am still deciding how best to utilize the space.)



Did you notice the different shower curtains? I made them from quilt tops I made. I didn't need another quilt so just decided to make my own shower curtain. Since the first one, I have made these two more. The one in the "before" picture is my favorite quilt block, churn dash. The other one is a disappearing nine patch. I hope to make one that would be "fallish" before fall this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment