Wednesday, March 9, 2016

QUICK CHICK TRICK -- LIGHT STYLE

This is a crazy name for a main dish, but that is what Lee Anne Sizemore from Murfreesboro, TN called it in the Beta Sigma Phi Let's Party cookbook. It did look good from just looking at the ingredients, so I thought I would give it a try.

Well, it was a hit with us and it made enough for us to be able to enjoy leftovers, which we like. My husband and I don't eat lunch together. I am usually hungry before he is. Because of this, he says not to worry about him. He will find something to eat when he is ready to eat. He is good at making salads and warming up food in the microwave. I told him the nice thing about this dish is you can make "fresh" pasta and just warm up the chicken dish.



QUICK CHICK TRICK -- LIGHT STYLE

1       cup light or fat-free sour cream (I used plain non-fat Greek yogurt instead)
1       can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
4      cooked chicken breast, coarsely chopped (I only used 2 as they were fairly thick and it was plenty.)
40    reduced - fat butter crackers, crushed
1/2   cup (1 stick) melted butter or margarine (I did use margarine)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Combine the sour cream or yogurt and the soup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.

Layer the chicken, soup mixture, cracker crumbs and butter in a 9 x 9 - inch baking dish.

Bake for 20 minutes.



Serve over your favorite pasta.



No comments:

Post a Comment