Monday, March 14, 2016

APPLE PUDDING

This Apple Pudding reminded me of the Ozark Pudding I made several years ago. Before I made it, I was thinking it would be something like a "pudding" as I normally think of it. Well, it wasn't. It wasn't anything like a pudding. Because of that experience I wasn't as surprised when this Apple Pudding didn't come out like a "pudding". Apparently the idea and consistency of pudding has changed over the years.

I do have to say whatever you call it, this dessert is fabulous. I added a little whipped topping on top (pictured below) and enjoyed every bite of it. The recipe didn't call for any nuts, but I think some chopped nuts added to the batter would be quite tasty.



APPLE PUDDING

1/3         cup shortening
1/2         cup packed light brown sugar
1             egg, beaten
1/2         cup all-purpose flour
1/2         cup rolled oats (I used quick oats)
2            teaspoons baking powder
1/2         teaspoon salt
1             teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2         cup milk
sliced apples (I sliced one large apple and 1 medium apple - about 1-1/2 to 2 cups - enough to double layer the slices in the bottom of the pan.)
1/4         cup sugar (I used stevia)
1-1/4      teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8 - inch square baking pan with cooking spray.


Cream the shortening and brown sugar in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy.


Add the egg, flour, oats, baking powder salt, vanilla, and milk. (I combined the dry ingredients in a bowl before adding.) Mix well.


Line the bottom of the pan with the apple slices. (I made two layers to completely cover the bottom.)

Sprinkle the apple slices with the sugar and cinnamon (combined).


Pour the batter over the apples.


Bake for 40 minutes.


Serve with


 or

without a dollop of whipped cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment