Monday, March 28, 2016

ANGEL PUFF COOKIES

My friend Loy shared this recipe on Facebook and said she was going to try it. I never have asked her if she did. Since I had an angel food cake mix that I needed to use, I decided now would be a good time to do that. I borrowed an orange soda from the refrigerator at Hillcrest Thrift shop (well, I was going to make them to share with the volunteers) since I only needed 1/2 cup and I don't buy orange sodas.

If you like a crispy cookie, this cookie isn't for you. The name "puff" is perfectly used with this recipe. Probably because of the angel food cake mix, the cookie almost melts in your mouth. I also discovered that you do NOT want to use parchment paper when you bake these, unless you spray it with cooking spray. That might help, although I didn't try it so I can't guarantee it. Using a diet orange soda will reduce the calories, but I did use a regular one.



ANGEL PUFF COOKIES

1       angel food cake mix
1/2   teaspoon almond flavor
1/2   cup orange soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.


Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until thoroughly mixed.


Using a cookie scoop, space cookies at least 2 inches apart (12 on a sheet) on a greased cookie sheet. Important -- you will need to stir the batter each time you are ready to scoop it out for the cookies. It starts getting spongy while it sits.


Bake  9 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove immediately to cool on a wire rack.


This is what happened when I used parchment paper. You can see how the last ones I removed left the bottom center of the cookie on the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment