Wednesday, March 16, 2016

CRISPY THUMBPRINT COOKIES

My husband walked into the kitchen after I had baked one sheet of these Crispy Thumbprint Cookies and said, "Well, somebody is going to enjoy those ... whoever you are baking them for." I laughed and told him I was baking them for US. I had used a sugar-free cake mix to reduce the sugar...after all, the Andes mint candies aren't sugar-free.

He took one bite and said, "Oh, they are crunchy. Taste good."

What else can I say? My taste tester has spoken.


CRISPY THUMBPRINT COOKIES

1         package yellow cake mix (I used a sugar-free yellow cake mix)
1/2     cup oil
1         egg
1/4     cup water
3        cups crisp rice cereal
1/2     cup chopped walnuts
Andes mint candies, cut in half

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cake mix, oil, egg, and water on low and then increase speed and mix until well blended.

Add the cereal and walnuts; mix well.

Cut the Andes mint candies in half.

Drop by slightly heaping cookie scoops about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Smooth in the edges and press half of the Andes candy in the center of the dough.

Bake 10 - 11 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet.


Then remove and cool completely on wire racks.

I tried one pan on parchment paper because I usually like to use that. The cookies were fine but I had to bake them about 12 minutes.

I made the last 1/2 dozen with the candies turned over. Don't think it really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment