Monday, March 21, 2016

ITALIAN CRESCENT CASSEROLE

When I first saw this recipe, I couldn't help but think,
"Where is the spaghetti? Surely it needs something more than just what the recipe indicates?" I hesitantly followed the directions and then when I took it out of the oven and was preparing to serve it for dinner, I thought, "It's not going to come out nicely. It going to fall apart."


Well, I was pleasantly surprised in both counts ... it didn't need any pasta and it came out perfectly. (It even heated up nicely in the microwave for leftovers.) I think the biggest surprise was how tasty it was ... full of flavor!

I hope you will give it a try and be as pleasantly surprised as I was. (My husband loved it!)


ITALIAN CRESCENT CASSEROLE

1         lb ground beef
1/4     cup chopped onion
1-1/2  cups spaghetti sauce
2        cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1         cup sour cream
1         can (8 count) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/3     cup grated Parmesan cheese
2        tablespoons melted margarine

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.


Cook the ground beef with the onion in a skillet, stirring until crumbly and done. Drain if necessary.


Stir in the spaghetti sauce.


Cook until heated through.


Pour into a 9 x 13 - inch baking dish.


Mix the mozzarella cheese and the sour cream in a bowl. 
Spoon over the meat sauce.


Separate the rolls into 2 rectangles.
Arrange over the cheese mixture.
Combine the Parmesan cheese and margarine in a small bowl.
Spread over the dough.
Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Cut into squares to serve. (I didn't think it would come out in squares, but it did using a spatula.)



No comments:

Post a Comment