Wednesday, April 30, 2014

JAN'S PEANUT BUTTER PIE

Friend Jan made this scrumptious peanut butter pie.  I asked her if she would be willing to share the recipe with me.  She said it was super easy and gave me the recipe from memory.  

Yesterday was my husband's birthday and since he really enjoyed it and had asked me to make it for us, I decided to make it and surprise him. (I forgot how much he likes peanut butter.  He used to want me to make him peanut butter cookies all the time.) I reduced the calories from Jan's version and have written my changes in the parenthesis.  My changes made a lighter tasting pie but still with plenty of peanut butter taste. I will leave it up to you as to which version you want to make.  I was concerned that the  Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese) might not "hold its shape" but there was no problem.

Remember if you want to print this recipe using the print friendly button on the bar at the bottom of this post, it  will allow you to remove the images.  If you do not see the print button on the bar, you need to click on the title of this post and it will take you to just this post.  There you will see the print friendly button on the bar.  




PEANUT BUTTER PIE

1/2     cup sugar (1/2 cup stevia)
3/4     cup creamy peanut butter
1        8 - oz package cream cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1        12 - oz container whipped topping (sugar-free)
1        graham cracker crumb pie crust (I made my own)


Combine the sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese, and 2 cups of the cool whip with electric mixer until smooth.

Pour into the pie crust.

Cover with additional whipped topping and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Refrigerate any leftover.



*I made my own graham cracker crumb crust using

1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3        tablespoons stevia
1/4     cup light margarine, melted


Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl.





Press the mixture in a pie plate.




I ended up using my fingers.









Refrigerate for one hour before using. (or you can bake it for 8 minutes in a 350 degree oven...then cool it before filling)  I just put mine in the refrigerator for an hour and it worked out great.  I'll probably never buy another one especially since I can use my stevia in my homemade one.

No comments:

Post a Comment