Monday, May 27, 2013

SKINNY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

I think it has been a week since I baked anything. The only room in the house that I am not sad in is my sewing room. I have been staying outside as much as I possibly can.  I don't feel as confined outside.  I know things will get better with time. Right now though, Auntie, is very much in my thoughts.

Since I have been sewing, I have made two gathered skirts for Madison and one each for Hallie and Sadie. I will be sharing them with you in the next day or two. They turned out so adorable. Thanks, dil Sara, for showing me the picture and asking me if I could make it for the girls.  

Yesterday, my husband and I went to Aldi's and I got some blueberries. I didn't really need them, but the price was really good and I do need to buy them when they are fresh and at a good price to keep in the freezer for future baking.  

I felt like baking this morning so I decided to try a recipe I copied down a few weeks ago and use some of the fresh blueberries instead of some of my frozen ones. I think I saw the recipe on Facebook .... you know one of those frequently seen posts of delicious dishes with the recipe. The best I could find as far as whose recipe it was was Spark People user Leprechaun. I only made a few changes from her recipe, which is not unusual for me.

There is no oil and the only sugar is the 7 g of sugar in the Greek Yogurt and the natural sugar in the blueberries. She used Splenda and I used stevia. I also used whole wheat pastry flour for the flour. She used plain non-fat yogurt and I used the Key Lime 100 calories Greek yogurt that is fat free and only has 7 g of sugar. The Greek yogurt also has 2x the protein. My husband loved them.




SKINNY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

1-1/2     cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
3/4        cup stevia
2           teaspoon baking powder
1           teaspoon baking soda
1/2        teaspoon salt
2/3        cup plain non-fat yogurt (I used 5.3 oz container of Key Lime 100 cal Greek yogurt)
2/3        cup water
3/4        cup blueberries (can substitute other fruit)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.


Combine flour, stevia, baking powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl with whisk.






Then add water and yogurt, mixing well.


Add berries and stir carefully.










Fill cups 3/4 full.  Bake for 18 minutes.


I made 10 mini muffins and baked them for 12 minutes.  I filled the two empty cups with some water so the other muffins would cook evenly.


  
I also made 8 medium muffins (they are between the mini muffin and regular muffin size) and baked them for 15 minutes. 






I cooled the muffins for 10 minutes before removing them the tin.










They are chocked full of blueberries.











No comments:

Post a Comment