Thursday, May 2, 2013

FUDGE BROWNIE PIE

When I looked at the back of my recipe card for this recipe, I saw that the first time I made it was for my husband's birthday in 1985. Unbelievable. I bet he doesn't remember that.  

I'm so glad I had that habit back in the 80s of writing on the back of recipe cards when I used it. I also know that I waited 4 years before I made it again.  (ha) That wasn't because we didn't like it. Life happened....I was back teaching at the time (after having my own "at-home day care" so I could stay with my  younger son following his birth) and we also moved to CA.

I decided to make it a few weeks ago and give to our neighbor after he cleared our driveway with his snow blower.  


IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS RECIPE, CLICK HERE.



FUDGE BROWNIE PIE

1/2     cup margarine (1 stick)
3        squares (1 - oz each) unsweetened chocolate
1        cup sugar (can substitute sugar subsitute)
1/3    cup light corn syrup
1/4    cup unsifted flour
1        teaspoon vanilla
1/4    teaspoon salt
3       eggs
1       9 - inch graham cracker crumb crust
Cool Whip (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Beat the eggs slightly.


In a 2-quart saucepan over very low heat, melt the margarine and chocolate squares, stirring constantly until nice and smooth.






















Remove from heat. Stir in the sugar, light corn syrup, vanilla, flour, vanilla and salt until well blended.




















Stir in 3 eggs.









Pour into pie crust.  









Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is puffed and center is firm.





Cool.


Serve with vanilla ice cream OR cover with one 8 - ounce container of whipped topping.





(May add 1/2 cup chopped nuts to mixture.)




I'm revealing some of my secrets on my blog, so maybe it will help you out sometime if this happens to you.
This is why I decided to cover the pie with the whipped topping. This is what the pie looked like when I took it out of the oven. I didn't notice all of the air bubbles when I poured the pie into the crust.
I knew the pie would taste fine but I didn't want to "give" this to someone looking like this. SO I had a container of Cool Whip and I just spread it on top.  No one would ever know .... until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment