Friday, November 2, 2012

SKILLET PASTA TOSS

Better late than never. That's a saying I have used several times. I printed this recipe off on October 6, 2011. It looked and sounded good and after printing it, I stuck it in my folder of recipes to try. I was going through the folder looking for another recipe I plan to take this weekend to our Dinner Club, Turtle Pumpkin Pie, that I made several times last year around Thanksgiving when I found it.  (Don't worry I will share the Turtle Pumpkin Pie later this weekend after I get them made.)

I needed a couple of ingredients though so when my husband and I ran some errands this afternoon, we went by Wal-mart and I bought what I needed (along with some other stuff I decided I needed....I did have my list and followed it.)

It turned out really good. I am just sorry it took me a whole year to find that out. I adapted my recipe from Kraft Recipes.(source)


SKILLET PASTA TOSS

1         lb. ground meat (I used ground turkey)
1         jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce (I used Newman's Own Marinara)
1-2/3  cups water
1/4     cup Zesty Italian Dressing
2        green peppers, chopped
1        teaspoon garlic powder
2        cups your favorite pasta (I used whole grain rotini)
1        cup your favorite shredded cheese (I used Three Cheeses)


Brown meat in large skillet over medium heat; drain.








Return the meat to the skillet and add the spaghetti sauce, water (after I measured the water, I poured it in the jar to get all the sauce out before pouring it in the skillet.), Italian dressing, peppers and garlic powder. 

Bring to boil.  Stir in pasta; 









cover. Cook on medium-low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.






Remove from heat.  Sprinkle with cheese.









Cover and let stand 5 minutes.  









Sauce will thicken as it sets.










Serve. 














I made some of my JIFFY SWEET POTATO CORN MUFFINS to enjoy with it and we were very satisfied with our quick dinner.


Update!!! I made this again the other night. I just used Italian style cheese. This dish is so good. You never need to buy a "...... Helper" box again....sorry ..... Helper, but it's true. Here is a picture I took because it looked so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment