Saturday, June 30, 2012

CINNAMON PEACH COBBLER



I decided to surprise my husband and make him his favorite peach cobbler.  Even though he was born in the south, he doesn't like the traditional cobbler with lots of liquid and real sweet. 

I found this recipe in a Woman's Day magazine at least 25 years ago.  When I would find another recipe for peach cobbler and make it, he would always remind me that he really liked the other recipe. It isn't real sweet and not real juicy, just like he likes it. (as my mother would say)  AND  I do have to say that it does taste really good, especially with an added scoop of ice cream.

CINNAMON PEACH COBBLER

5  cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
1  1/2  tablespoon lemon juice
1  cup flour
1  cup sugar (Splenda or truvia works)
1/2  teaspoon salt
1  egg, beaten
1  stick of (light) margarine, melted
cinnamon
            
                        Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Sprinkle the lemon juice on the peeled, sliced peaches and stir to coat.  Spread in a  8 - inch square pan.
                        
                        Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a small bowl with a whisk.  Add beaten egg and toss with a fork until the mixture is crumbly with no lumps.  Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches.  Drizzle with melted margarine.


                        Bake in oven for 45 minutes.  If topping is not rich golden brown, turn on broiler for a few minutes.  Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon.  Serve warm with ice cream.  Serves 6.

                      
                     I'm sure I will be making this several times this summer. (Have I mentioned before how much I miss my fruit trees (peach tree esp. right now) from my yard at our house in CA?)  Hope you will try it too.  Would love to hear what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Where has THIS recipe been hiding?! My husband loves peach cobbler and this recipe looks really good! Going to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where has your comment been hiding? I was revisiting it from a memory on Facebook and saw it. I am so glad you found the post and it is a recipe you are still making. I need to make it again for my husband. I know that would really please him. Thanks again. Patricia

      Delete