Friday, June 24, 2016

HEARTLAND BARBECUED BEEF

I found this recipe when I was looking for something to make for dinner when my son and his family were coming for a visit. I wanted something for a main course that I could make using my slow cooker so that I wouldn't have to heat up the kitchen. It would also be easy to eat if we ate outside. When my other son told me they were just going to order pizza, I was disappointed. It sounded like a good recipe to try.

Well, I thought, I will just make it for us and we can have leftovers for the whole week. (I will probably end up freezing some of it instead, but will just have to see.)



HEARTLAND BARBECUED BEEF

1         2-lb beef chuck roast, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
1/2    cup onion, chopped
2       cloves garlic, minced
2       cups catsup
1/4    cup brown sugar, packed
1/4    cup Worcestershire sauce
1        teaspoon mustard
1/2    teaspoon salt
1/4    teaspoon pepper
6 - 8  hamburger buns

Spray the cooker with cooking spray. Preheat slow cooker on High will you prepare the ingredients.

Combine the ingredients (except the meat) in a bowl.



Place prepared meat in cooker.



Pour sauce over meat and stir until well mixed.



Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. (I cooked mine on High for 2 hours and then on Low for about 3 hours.)

I decided to eat mine in an open faced sandwich along with some Campers' Beans I made. The Worcestershire Sauce keeps the beef from tasting like BBQ beef.




No comments:

Post a Comment