Monday, September 28, 2015

SLOW COOKER SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN

While in CO, we enjoyed DIL Sara's shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches. She usually "cooks" one of our meals in the slow cooker. It is so easy and she isn't tied to the kitchen. It also fills the house with delicious smelling aromas. 

I saw on her menu board that we were having BBQ sandwiches, but didn't realize it was going to be chicken until it was time to eat. We usually do pulled pork at our house. (I should say "We used to do....)

I made some coleslaw from a cabbage and carrots that we had picked the day before at Miller Farm. I will be sharing that recipe with you tomorrow. My mother always made such good coleslaw and I regret never actually getting her recipe.



SLOW COOKER SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN

chicken (I used 3 large chicken breasts)
your favorite BBQ sauce

That's it.

Place frozen or thawed chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.

Cover with BBQ sauce. (I bought an 18 - ounce bottle of Kraft slow - simmered Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce. It has no high fructose corn syrup.) I didn't use the whole bottle because I wanted to have some to add to the sandwich when we fixed it.

Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours or until chicken will shred with a fork. (Sara cooked hers for 4 hours, but I had to cook mine at least 5 hours.)

Shred the cooked chicken using a couple of forks.

Can set slow cooker to Keep Warm if you aren't quite ready to eat.

Serve.

Add a little more BBQ sauce if you like...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment