Thursday, September 10, 2015

SWEET AMBROSIA SALAD

When I was a kid, my mother made ambrosia. I loved it! So when I saw this recipe for Sweet Ambrosia Salad from Gooseberry Patch's 101 Homestyle Favorites cookbook, I knew I had to make it. 

The recipe called for pastel mini-marshmallows but you could just use white ones. I am sure if you are making this with children in mind, they would love the colored marshmallows. You could also use plain or vanilla yogurt in place of the sour cream.


SWEET AMBROSIA SALAD

1       20 - oz can pineapple chunks, drained
1       14-1/2 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained
1        8 oz container sour cream
1        10-1/2 oz pkg pastel mini marshmallows
1/2    cup sweetened flaked coconut



Combine fruit in a large bowl;

add the sour cream 


and stir until coated.

Fold in coconut 
and marshmallows; cover and chill overnight in refrigerator.

Makes 8 to 10 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment