Friday, August 15, 2014

MOIST BANANA PINEAPPLE COCONUT BREAD

This is another one of those recipes I copied down on a notepad and didn't write where I got the recipe. At least I wrote the title of it. I hate to tell you how many times I have written a recipe down and failed to write what it is called. 

Everything in the title caught my attention. I couldn't imagine how lucky I was to find all of those ingredients in the same recipe. The interesting thing though was the first time I made it, it was not moist.  I couldn't believe it.  I looked back at the recipe several times to make sure I hadn't left out something.

But I refused to give up.  Since I didn't write down where I had seen the recipe, I couldn't go back and check to see if I had left anything out when I wrote it down. All I could do was study the recipe and decide what I needed to add to it to make it moist. It had a stick of butter/margarine in it so I didn't want to add oil.  So I decided I could add either yogurt or applesauce.  I finally chose to add the applesauce. 

The result was exactly what the recipe needed and what I wanted.  I ended up with a bread that was perfectly named.



MOIST BANANA PINEAPPLE COCONUT BREAD

1/2       cup butter or margarine
1           cup sugar (I used 1 cup stevia)
2          eggs
2          cups flour
1           teaspoon baking powder
1/2       cup baking soda
1/2       cup salt
1/2       cup mashed banana ( 1 banana)
1/3       cup drained crushed pineapple in its own juice
1/2       cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2       cup flaked coconut (I used unsweetened coconut)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease or spray one 8 x 4 - inch loaf pan or two mini loaves with cooking spray.

Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until well blended.

Add the banana, pineapple and coconut.







Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl with a whisk.

Add the flour mixture to the mixture and stir just til combined.

Pour batter into pan(s). 

Bake for 40 minutes in mini pans or 50 - 60 minutes if making only one loaf.  Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf.  It should come out clean.
Cool on wire rack.

Remove from pans and continue cooling on rack.


Can wrap with aluminum foil and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment