Thursday, August 22, 2024

WHITE CHIP CHOCOLATE COOKIES

It is extremely rare that I share a recipe that I didn't actually get to eat. This time though I am sharing a recipe for these fabulous looking cookies and I didn't get to take them.

I always set aside one of everything that is brought for the Cafe Treats that I can eat later so I can actually enjoy every bite. I did that Sunday before I went to Sunday school. I have to admit I just placed them on a plate, but I have done that before. They were still there when I came back to check on everything after class and had to leave the Cafe so I could help with hospitality. When the 11 o'clock service was over and I went to clean up, the White Chip Chocolate Cookie that I had saved to enjoy later was missing from the plate. I couldn't believe someone would do that. I guess it just looked too inviting for them to pass up.

You have to admit, they do look pretty awesome and I am sure they tasted awesome because they were all eaten. Maybe Cafe Treats Baker Kathy will make them again.



 PRINT RECIPE.


WHITE CHIP CHOCOLATE COOKIES

2-1/4   cups flour

2/3      cup baking cocoa

1         teaspoon baking soda

1/4      teaspoon salt

1         cup butter, softened (2 sticks)

1/2      cup sugar

1/2      cup brown sugar

1         teaspoon vanilla

2         large eggs

2         cups white chips (12 - oz package)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl with a whisk. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.

Add the eggs one at a time mixing well in between.

Beat in dry ingredients. Scrape the sides the bowl as needed.

Fold in the baking chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. 

Makes 6 dozen cookies.


Ready to serve at the Cafe at church.

2 comments:

  1. It’s nice all the helpers get to take one of each item and save it for themselves. Maybe though a ziplock bag would be better and it being done before people arrive. Or maybe the helpers could agree to split the cookies and each only take half as it seems like little is ever left over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually the only helper and I usually put one of each in a plastic container. I just didn't this time. If it is a repeat treat, they have brought them before, I don't take one. I mainly take it so I can tell everyone how good it tastes then and then when I write up the recipe for here. It was definitely a learning experience. Patricia

      Delete