Monday, August 5, 2024

FUDGY OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES

I'm a little late sharing this delicious cookie recipe with you, but better late than never. This cookie recipe definitely is one you should add to your recipe box, especially if you like chocolate and butterscotch together.

Friend and Cafe Treats Baker Jean didn't, but I would substitute a Zero-Sugar devil's food cake mix to reduce the added sugar. I don't think I have seen sugar-free butterscotch chips, but I do have sugar-free chocolate chips. 

I am really trying to reduce my sugar-intake as my husband and I did about 20 years ago and was successful in loosing some weight so I love when I find a recipe that I can do that. It doesn't change the taste and as I do that, I will get adjusted to the taste of sugar and not realize the difference. 

This recipe is definitely going to be starred for me to make for us.



 PRINT RECIPE.

FUDGY OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES

1       package devil's food cake mix

1-1/2 cups quick-cooking, or old-fashioned oats, uncooked

3/4    cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted

2       large eggs

1       tablespoon oil

1       teaspoon vanilla extract

1-1/4 cups chocolate mini-baking bits

1       cup butterscotch chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, butter, eggs, oil, and vanilla until well blended.

Stir in the mini-baking chips and butterscotch chips.

Using a tablespoon size cookie scoop, scoop a level amount of dough and place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.

Store in a tightly covered container.


No comments:

Post a Comment