Wednesday, July 31, 2024

BANANA MINI-MUFFINS

 I have been making sugar-free desserts for a number of years if I am making them just for us and sometimes when others will be eating. I was really glad when one brand of cake mixes started making a yellow cake mix, a devil's food cake mix, and brownies in a sugar-free variety. 

A couple of the bakers with the Cafe Treats also make desserts using sugar substitutes. Sometimes I can tell the difference, but often I can't, especially if a Zero Sugar cake mix is the base for the recipe. 

I read once that most recipes could be made successfully by reducing the amount of sugar by as much as 1/4 cup. They suggested that you start by removing 1-2 tablespoons of sugar in the recipe to test the finished taste in the dish. So often if a recipe calls for 1-1/4 cups of sugar, I just use 1 cup. I have never (so far) had a negative result in the outcome.

Friend and Cafe Treats Baker Sandi made these mini-muffins for Sunday's Cafe. I'm glad I managed to sneak one before I left for Sunday school, because I was about 10 minutes late getting back to the Cafe  and they were all gone. So I think the attendees of the modern service thought they were as delicious as I did.

I know what I will be making the next time I need to make a sugar-free treat for the Cafe.  



BANANA MINI-MUFFINS

1    Zero Sugar yellow cake mix (or regular one)

3    mashed bananas

2    large eggs

1    teaspoon vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini-muffin pans lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.

Fill muffin tin with a tablespoon batter (a cookie scoop works great for this to make all of the muffins uniform.)

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

Cool a bit before removing to a wire rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment