Wednesday, July 17, 2024

APPLE BREAD

 I have mentioned before how I especially like to buy cookbooks from restaurants, cafes, diners, B & B's etc. This recipe came from a cookbook to benefit the Karns Lions Club called Recipes from Karen's Katering. Most of the recipes in the book Karen says she has used for her catering career while some are from her grandmothers, her mother, mother-in-law, sisters-in-law  and most of her aunts.

I thought I would make the Apple Bread for the Cafe Treats at church so I made two mini-loaves instead of a large loaf. I'm sure her Apple Bread was very well received by the Lion's Club and anyone else she was catering an event.

I'm sure I will be making it again for the coffee hour. 



PRINT RECIPE.

APPLE BREAD

1/2      cup butter (1 stick), softened

1/2      cup sugar

1/2      cup brown sugar

2         eggs

2         teaspoons vanilla

1-1/2   cups flour

1-1/2   teaspoon baking powder

2         teaspoons cinnamon

1/2      cup milk

2         cups, peeled, cored, and chopped apples


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease of spray large loaf pan or mini loaf pans.


Cream together the butter and sugars.


Beat in the eggs, one at a time.


Add vanilla.


Add the dry ingredients together in a smaller bowl and

then add to the mixture alternating

with the milk until blended.


Fold in the apples








and


spread the batter in loaf pan(s).


Bake for 50 to 40 minutes for a large loaf or about 40 to 45 minutes for the mini loaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment