Monday, July 8, 2024

COWTOWN CHEESECAKE CO'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

 

I hope you aren't thinking, "What? Not another recipe for chocolate chip cookies?"

I'm sorry. I can't help it. I keep finding recipes that are so good. (I have another one to share with you, but I will wait until at least next week before I share it with you, but it's a really awesome chocolate chip cookie also.)

This recipe came from Friend and Cafe Treats Baker, Dorene. She made the cookies and brought them to church for the Cafe Treats. I also ask the bakers to share the recipe with me, but I took one bite of this cookie and told Dorene to make sure she sent me the recipe.

If you follow me, you know I am in a bartering situation with my MO grandchildren's godfather - fresh eggs for chocolate chip cookies. I make different recipes for the cookies instead of always using the same one. That's why I have so many different recipes. 

Anyway, I needed eggs again so I made the recipe Dorene had used and made Martin cookies on Friday before we went to their house for our "5th" of July celebrations. He asked his wife Jamie if he had to share them with everyone and she told him "No". Just as we were getting ready to leave, he called my name and grinned and nodded approval as he was eating one of the cookies.

The Write-up with the recipe was entitled World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies and said, "These chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy with a little bit of crispiness at the edges and a not-too-sweet flavor," says Chef Terry Mille of CowTown CheeseCake Co. "I don't know if they-re the best in the world, but they're pretty darn good!"

I agree with Chef Mille completely and I think Martin would agree also.

The recipe is so easy and comes together so quickly. They don't require any refrigeration and while they are puffy when you take them out of the oven, they flatten during that rest time on the cookie sheet before removing them to finish cooling on the wire rack. And as Chef Mille says they are chewy but which a slight crispy edge.

I think you will want to add this recipe to your collection.

(FYI for my local followers...I googled CowTown CheeseCake Co and was surprised to find it is a restaurant just over in Kansas in Bonner Springs.)





PRINT RECIPE.

COWTOWN CHEESECAKE CO'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

3/4       cup packed light brown sugar

3/4       cup granulated sugar

1          cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

1          teaspoon vanilla extract

1          large egg

2-3/4    cups flour

1          teaspoon baking soda

3/4       teaspoon sea salt

1          (12 -oz) bag dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.


Using a mixer, blend until creamy the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg.


In another bowl stir until well blended, the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and sea salt).


Add the dry ingredients to the creamy mixture and stir slowly until well blended.

The dough will be dry and stiff.


Add the chips. (There will be lot of chips in the mixture.)


Using a small cookie scoop (1 tablespoon) drop dough onto the cookie sheets a few inches apart.


Bake 8 to 10 minutes until edges just begin to brown. (I did bake mine the full 10 minutes.)

Cool 2 - 3 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling. 







Store cookies in a tightly covered container.

No comments:

Post a Comment