Monday, August 26, 2024

CAKE MIX OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

 

Being able to make cookies, quick bread, and other desserts using a cake mix as the base definitely make it easier. I especially liked it when I found a Sugar-Free or now they call it Zero-Sugar yellow, devils food, and even brownies mixes on the grocery shelves. Now, of course, with gluten-free and even keto friendly options being so popular, you can even use those. Since gluten-free options still have all of the sugar content, if you want to reduce the sugar in your food, that isn't really an option. I did see a gluten-free/keto friendly cake mix, I think, recently in the store. Since I am back on my Sugar-Buster lifestyle, I am interested in reading more about that option.

Cafe Treats Baker Sandi often uses the Zero-Sugar cake mix in her recipes due to being diabetic. I don't think she did in this recipe. If you want/need to reduce the amount of sugar for this recipe, you could easily do so using a Zero-Sugar yellow cake mix, brown sugar blend, and zero-sugar chocolate chips. Since I am avoiding enriched flour, I am interested in finding the gluten-free/keto friendly cake mix.

I didn't take one big bite of Sandi's cookies and it is definitely something I am going to look into. They look awesome, too, don't you think? You would never guess they were made using a cake mix.



PRINT RECIPE.

CAKE MIX OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1       box yellow cake mix

1/2    cup packed brown sugar

1/2    cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled

1/2    cup oil

1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2    teaspoon nutmeg

1       large egg, beaten

2       cups oats

1       cup chocolate chips*

1-2    tablespoons water, optional

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper two cookie sheets. Set aside.

Stir the cake mix, brown sugar, spices and oats together in a large bowl with a spatula.

Add the butter, oil, and eggs. Mix

 well with a mixer. If the mixture is dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water.

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto cookie sheet and bake 14 to 16 minutes until the edges are golden brown.

Let cook for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to finish cooling.

*Raisins can be substituted for the chocolate chips if you prefer.



No comments:

Post a Comment