Wednesday, August 7, 2024

JEAN'S HAWAIIAN BANANA BREAD

 I have made a Hawaiian Bread before but I don't think it was a type of banana bread. I'm not really sure because it has been quite a while since I did, but this bread that Friend and Cafe Treats Baker Jean made for the Cafe at church was so delicious. I guess the patrons visiting the Cafe thought so too because the platter was empty before the second service started.

It is so much fun to keep finding recipes, and quick bread ones in this case, to try and enjoy. Creating the Cafe Treats and forming the group of bakers who contribute each week has been so much fun (most of the time), but it has been awesome seeing all of the different treats/recipes. I should explain that it isn't always fun scheduling people. I wish we had more involved so I wouldn't have to ask someone if they are available when not enough people signed up for a particular date.

Jean cut the bread before so I didn't get a picture of the whole loaf so I know it's hard to see how it looks with the picture I have.




PRINT RECIPE.

HAWAIIAN BANANA BREAD

1/2     cup butter, softened (1 stick)

1        cup sugar

2        large eggs

1        very ripe banana

1        8 - oz can of crushed pineapple (do not drain)

2        cups flour

1        teaspoon baking powder

1/2     teaspoon baking soda

1/4     teaspoon salt

1/4     cup coconut

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray one large loaf pan or two mini-loaf pans. Set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.

Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after the addition of each.

Stir in the banana and pineapple.

In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.

Add to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.

Stir in the coconut.

Pour into  large pan or divide evenly in the smaller pans.

Bake the large loaf for about 60 minutes or the smaller ones for 45 minutes or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment